Hysteroscopy in the diagnosis and therapy of intrauterine disorders is now standard procedure in clinics and, to an increasing extent, in outpatient settings and private practices. Thanks to the miniaturization of the hysteroscopes, many procedures can now be performed with a minimum of trauma and without general anesthesia outside the OR. KARL STORZ has played a major role in this development and offers a number of "office" hysteroscopes with very small diameters.
Hysteroscopy allows accurate diagnosis of any abnormalities in the uterine cavity while 5 Fr. instruments often make immediate treatment possible. Narrow-lumen hysteroscopes enable procedures to be performed outside the OR without anesthesia or dilation of the cervix. Furthermore, hysteroscopy can be used to rule out any obstacles to implantation prior to IVF treatment.
- The CAMPO TROPHYSCOPE® with a diameter of only 2.9 mm allows an atraumatic primary approach to the uterine cavity under visualization
- The irrigation function of the ENDOMAT® SELECT provides an optimal overview thanks to the constant maintenance of intracavitary pressure
- Outsourcing diagnostic services and minor hysteroscopic procedures to the clinical outpatient setting extends the capacity of the OR
6 mm Intrauterine BIGATTI Shaver (IBS®)
With an optical system that features an outer diameter of only 6 mm, the Intrauterine BIGATTI Shaver (IBS®) is inserted into the minimally dilated cervix with the help of a tapered obturator. The 4 mm shaver blade allows the immediate removal of intrauterine pathologies outside the OR. The IBS® is an effective, precise and safe alternative to a conventional resectoscope.*
- No thermal damage to tissue thanks to the purely mechanical removal of polyps, myomas or placental remnants
- Resected tissue is immediately aspirated via the ENDOMAT® SELECT and collected in a tissue trap
- Minimal outer diameter
- Optimized procedure time**
- Enhanced safety, accessibility and patient satisfaction**
- The only fully reusable hysteroscopic shaver system
Bipolar 5 mm Office Resectoscope
In addition to bipolar resectoscopes with diameters of 7 mm and 9 mm, KARL STORZ now offers a 5 mm resectoscope. Due to its small diameter, this resectoscope offers the possibility to perform resection outside the OR. Infertility patients or those suffering from abnormal bleeding can thus be treated in the doctors office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia. Together with the AUTOCON® III 400 HF generator, effective resection, coagulation or vaporization is achieved.
- Minimal outer diameter
- Optimized procedure time*
- Enhanced safety, accessibility and patient satisfaction*
- Possible to perform resection in the doctors office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia
- Little or even no dilation required
- Optional use as a diagnostic hysteroscope in conjunction with semirigid 5 Fr. instruments
- Real bipolar system with current not returned via the sheath